LI Phil
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:19 PM
Re: Current Conditions

Quote:

I posted Ed's notes tonight on the main article, he's leaning more north than I am, but I'm tending to think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

These hurricane sites aren't a competition. Jim Williams I have a lot of respect for and do like Hurricane City a lot. So honestly the poll doesn't mean much to me. You gotta remember I made this site originally for me to have a lot of info at my fingertips and that line of thought really hasn't changed.

Ahem...

Well, I love JimW's site (not his boards, however, too damn confusing), he does have a lot of stuff, some of which you can't get here (like city history/cams/radio/etc). When I have six or seven windows open, CFHC is always the first, but there are many others...

I usually keep CFHC, Accuwx pro, Hurricane City, Wunderground, SSD, NRL, and then a window I jump from site to site.

They're all good and should all be used in conjunction with CFHC...although I believe everyone of those sites Mike has provided a link to. Boatus and some of the college sites are great too. I've got more damn bookmarks than I can shake a stick at.

Anyway, while I agree that it's not a "competition" it is nice to be winning the poll!

If WXMAN RICHIE didn't already post this, his call will be between 8 & 11...if he calls me first, I'll try to narrow that timeframe...

Fasten yo' seatbelts

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center