LI Phil
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:32 PM
Re: Current Conditions

Quote:

Quote:

Power's flickering on and off here, not much longer until we're out for good. Most of my family lives in Singer Island or coastal Jupiter, so we're all camped out here in Jupiter farms 10 miles inland (in a very solid home). The news has a disgusting amount of interviews with people on barrier islands, who after Frances, are insisting on staying. I have a sick feeling there's going to be a lot more direct storm-related casualties than with the other three

Stay safe everybody, catch you on the flip side!

I agree, I'm afraid there are going to be some very tragic Florida reports on this storm in the days to come. We have ten people here -- several refugees from Frances damaged homes. Wind and rain are really starting to roll here -- I can't believe I still have power, but we are starting to flicker too.

Please forgive any perceived insensitivity...trust me...I'm aching for all you guys up here...

But with all that FL has been through, how could people not be as worried with this monster as they should? I know...I know. I saw the interviews with those who weathered Frances...

This is going to make Frances look like a FRIGGIN' PICNIC...

I feel so bad for those who aren't giving Jeanne the utmost respect...I'm sure everyone who reads these boards took every possible precaution and told anyone who would listen how bad this was going to be...

I hoped to be wrong, but both me and Scott said CAT III at landfall on sat/sun...

After a season like this, how could people NOT be ready for this...I feel so horrible...

Sorry for the mini-rant...everyone in her path godspeed...and to anyone who didn't fully prepare...you really have my prayers because you're going to need them.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center