GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:41 PM
Re: Current Conditions

Here we are windy and some light rain from time to time. My son just came from the grocery store he works at saying that people are flooding the store right now trying to buy everything in sight but waited until the last hours before the store closed to do so. I know that these are people who have waited up to 8 hours in food stamp lines this past week to get money for food. So, I imagine that waiting until the last moment to buy food was a hope that they would not have to spend this precious little money on food that under other conditions is simply a waste of good money. There is not as much apathy as it would appear, it is now just a judgement call of where do we go, what do we spend, and how long are we going to have to do this. The fun went out of hurricane season on the day Charley hit and its been no picnic since. The merchants are not even enjoying the profits because they know that this is money that will be lost to later revenue during holiday season. Some of us have already spent christmas party gift money on canned chicken, tuna and beans.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center