LI Phil
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:47 PM
Re: Current Conditions

Guppie,

Yeah, I'm not seeing the forest for the trees...I'm not down there, I don't know what it's like, I haven't been through it...and I'm sure a lot of you wish you were in my shoes.

The poor guy (mind is drawing a blank, but he helped out with the poll) who needed a generator...is just one glaring example. You folks have been through so much already and here mother nature has again opened the gates of hell.

I've only come to realize in the past few days that people have very little or no money due to the previous storms...I'm sure that has played a role in the decision not to evac.

I never thought it was complacency, couldn't put my finger on one main reason...and it's a combination of factors.

I just feel so bad that they could be come statistics for wont of a few simple things.

I just looked at my "numbers" below...7 hurricanes so far, 6 majors...

The season from hell just keeps giving and giving...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center