Ronn
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 11:36 PM
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West

Movement is still westward. I think the recent hint of a north of due west motion was just the temporary east-west elongation/distortion of the eye. I still have yet to see a definitive track change to the WNW. Most of the latitude gained today was from the early afternoon WNW wobble. The movement will change by tomorrow morning however, probably just after it landfalls between Ft. Pierce and Port St. Lucie.

Currently at my location, winds are sustained at about 15mph with gusts to 25mph. We are having some fringe rainbands, but nothing that has produced a measurable accumulation. Pressure has been holding at 29.71in through the evening. I anticipate a rapid deterioration here in the Tampa Bay area after 2am, with conditions equalling or slightly exceeding the impact of Frances.

I will post updates tomorrow morning so long as the power grid permits. It seems to only take 35mph gusts to lose power here.

Ronn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center