Ronn
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 11:54 PM
Re: GOM??

Quote:

I just PMed WXMAN RICHIE...we both agree this one is headed for the GOM...then...Panhandle.

Such a path would not be good for my area. People will be caught off guard if Jeanne tracks farther south and brings hurricane force gusts to my county. There is ONLY a voluntary evacuation for mobile home residents in Pinellas County, even though we are under a tropical storm warning and a hurricane watch.

I think the NHC's 5pm track handles the influence of the trough better than the previous forecasts. Their turn to the NW and N is not as sharp as it was before.

I agree that the trough in the central US is not very impressive. I think the models have consistently overdone its influence on the ridge north of Jeanne. In fact, throughout this season, the models have consistently had a rightward bias in the storms that have affected Florida. With this said, all the trough must do is weaken the ridge enough to allow a NW to N motion. I think this will happen. The NOGAPS has by far been the best performing model up to this point with its consistently farther south track. I see no reason to disagree with it now. Jeanne may enter the GOM, but will not track any farther west than Frances, in my opinion.

I'm not a met, but that is the best I can make of the current situation.

Ronn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center