phamton
(Registered User)
Sun Sep 26 2004 01:02 AM
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West

Quote:

Angie,
Thanks for the reply. My folks live off of Chickasaw, south of Curry Ford. Would have been interesting to hear from you what is going in that area.

Not a meterologist nor do I play one on tv, but I do live on Chickasaw and Curry Ford road in Orlando. We still have electricity and are not even having flickers or brownouts yet. Barometer 30.3, temp. 76F, some light rain earlier but none now, some wind gusts I'm estimating at about 20-25 mph, Cable tv and cable internet still working. My measurements may not be accurate as my barometer is just one of those household kind you can get at Lowes or Walmart as a Christmas present. Things are realtively calm right now with occassional wind gusts.

My husband and I are teachers and he helped at a shelter for Frances. The shelter was at Liberty Middle School where he teaches on Chicksaw near CurryFord. That shelter is not open this time as there aren't as many people evacuating to Orlando as during Frances.

Bev

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center