alan
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Sep 26 2004 12:40 AM
Re: Thoughs on Jeanne

Quote:

I'm little nervous, but here goes my first post:

I found this site during Ivan and quickly became hooked ... many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and time!

I'm in Dixie County, on the West Coast near the mouth of the Suwannee River. Our county is very small (population and budget wise) and although everyone here works very hard and does their best, it sometimes seems harder to get local information here than in the bigger cities. (media, website, etc.)

It looks like the storm is projected to pass close to here. Can someone give an opinion about what we can expect? I promise not to hold you to it ...

It's too early to say for sure, because there are several of us who wonder if it won't be further south than what the NHC is calling for.
But, you should always go by their judgement first and they say it will be right near Cedar Key with winds of 50 mph. Some trees will be blown down and there will be some power outages.

Anyone still up from Melbourne. My son lives on Dairy Road with the ex-wife. Would really like to know what's going on. I'm watching the news and it's not pretty.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center