VandyBrad
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Sep 26 2004 04:57 AM
Several Questions/Comments

First off... I've been lurking for the last 2 months or so and finally decided to register this morning. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do! My first comment is in regards to how UF has handled this storm (and the others for that matter). With each storm, they are waiting until the last possible minute to decide what to do about class schedules and offices. My wife has been begging me to take a weekend trip to Jacksonville to get away from Jeanne (she's scared after all the damage we took from Frances). However, I feel like I can't leave until I can be sure I won't HAVE to work on Monday. Unfortunately, that information won't come until it's too late to leave!

2nd comment concerns my weather observations for the day. I remember during Frances that it was noticeably windy/gusty for at least 36 hours before the eye even made landfall. However, today, the winds didn't pick up until a little after noon. I don't know that this means anything... just thought it was interesting.

Next, I was curious as to weather anyone could generate a map sometime tomorrow evening showing the paths of Charley, Frances, and Jeanne. I think it would interesting to see how each of these storms tracked over the state on one map.

Finally, I was watching FOX News earlier tonight with JB and he mentioned something I thought was interesting. He said that he thinks what we're seeing with all these FL hits has something to do with his theory of "Coinciding Tracks" or something like that. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a real theory (and what is it's real name?) JB went on to say that he didn't think FL was done yet this year. He also said that he expects this track theory to be seen again in the next 5 - 10 years near the New England states. Any thoughts on this?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center