nppam
(Registered User)
Sun Sep 26 2004 05:06 AM
Re: 11pm Forecast Map

For what it's worth, here in North Port, FL (extreme southern Sarasota Co.), it's not too bad yet. Steady winds of maybe 25 mph with higher gusts, scant rain bands. I am concerned about Jeanne's painfully slow increase in latitude--since I sit at around 27.1 N and Jeanne has taken almost 38 hours to move up one full degree of latitude. I hate to go to bed only to find Jeanne passing overhead in 4-6 hours. Has the high in the Atlantic retreated so Jeanne can turn more northward, or not? Boy, these nighttime hurricanes really bite. Good luck to all Floridians--what a price we pay to live in paradise.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center