Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Sep 26 2004 05:09 AM
Re: 11pm Forecast Map

Ease up! The mets in Tampa are reporting what they are seeing RIGHT NOW and RIGHT NOW it is not taking that NW turn. They are doing more than filling time, my friend. The NHC stuck with GFS and GFDL until yesterday, when we all saw that high digging deeper to the south. The mets weren't buying it. WHO WAS RIGHT?
I don't have the time or the patience right now to deal with these issues. Your eyes are the best source of information. Use yours as you like. It may begin to turn to the NW soon, but it hasn't done so yet, and I believe that Denis Phillips predicted a further south landfall area at 9 and that's exactly what we got at 11pm. Just because you don't work for the NHC doesn't make you any less qualified to deliver the weather AS IT IS OCCURING.
The timing right now is crucial, and it makes a lot of difference when and where the turn to the NW takes place.
Don't take this as a personal attack, because it's not. I'm just stating the facts as they are unfolding. This is very important to a lot of people in the TB area, and I think all they are trying to do is keep us all safe.
We're all tense, but we need to try and keep our heads clear --- even though our eyes want to close.
Stay safe, my friend.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center