Staggy
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Sep 26 2004 05:34 AM
Re: the HIRT team

check this from the HIRT team at http://hurricanetrack.com

News & Comments Updated: 11:20 PM EDT, September 25, 2004...

RAGING WIND HERE IN VERO- HIRT TAHOE HAS BACK WINDOW BLASTED OUT! WE ARE ALL SAFE- BUT IT IS A MESS OUT THERE!
The wind will have to go un-measured by us now- we just lost the back hatch window on the Tahoe from a branch smashing in to it at over 60 mph! We are safe- but the the Tahoe is damaged. We were about to go live on MSNBC when BAM! something hit the Tahoe from behind. Glass is all in the back- but that is fixable.

We are now under a concrete bay at the local hospital where MSNBC has been reporting all evening. The pressure is down to 976 millibars and the wind seems to be letting up a little. We will venture out during the eye only in a small area to see what damage we can see. Even I know that it is dangerous to go outside during the eye- so I will not go far from the grounds of the hospital here in Vero Beach. I will try to post more video updates here once the eye passes over.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center