GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Sep 26 2004 12:32 PM
Re: exit path

Here in Lakeland, we have power at my house still. We lost it in the last storm and they fixed it back better than new. Lost cable briefly. We have a lot of branches down, shingles in the yard and the winds are still gusting to hurricane force. It largely looks identical to what they are showing on Television from where ever you may be watching or reading. We are about 40 statute miles from Tampa city limits by automobile. I am not sure what that means to a hurricane since it can go across curves etc. We have had some tense moments here, but we are still ok. It is too bad to do more than stand afar from windows and try to see anything. I am not looking forward to the backside of this storm which we will get and the tornadoes that will come if the eye gets to the gulf. Last time with Frances after it made it to the gulf we got our greatest tornado threats. I know we had some pass over us even if they did not touch down this time. A good day's sleep would be nice since I m expect to show up for work tomorrow. Thats the report from here. Will check back in two hours if anything new to report. Will be lurking if anyone has a question I can answer,.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center