clyde w.
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Sep 26 2004 11:02 AM
Re: Orlando status?

Hurricaned--I'm still in Eastwood (we PM'd during Frances til the site went down). This was a lot closer to Charley than it was to Frances. It's hard to explain, but the winds have been gustier with Jeanne. I don't think sustained winds have topped 55mph here, but the gusts have been very high (80mph+) and are still gusting very high right now. Orange county is in a mandatory curfew so I haven't ventured out.

In my own range of view, there is minor damage--trees down and the fence across the street blew apart. Media and the county is saying worst damage is along Alafaya Trail, but I don't know specifically where. I do know there has been structural damage to a couple of apartments near here.

Lee's Lakeside in downtown Orlando suffered significant damage. Many of the large windows blew out in the storm.

Will post more when I hear it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center