Terri
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Sep 26 2004 06:46 PM
Re: West motion thru Pasco County

I can't imagine what you folks have gone through and are going through in Florida right now. I do know that the GA coast is feeling some effects from Jean already. The wind gusts are to about 40 mph where I am on the Ogeechee River, which is 20 minutes by boat to the Atlantic. The tide is going out, and it's still covered with white caps. There is not much land between me and the ocean, mostly marsh. I went down to the floating dock earlier and a gust almost pushed me in the river. I don't think I'll be doing that again! Basically, I'm just sitting here waiting for what's left of Jeanne to come pay me a little visit later tonight or tomorrow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center