Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 27 2004 04:21 PM
Re: Tampa...

LI Phil/Grasshopper

Thankyou LI phil for anwsering, I have had a lot to do lately from sports, school, music, after school activities, etc and parties (I think you get the picture).

I think the threat for any landfalling hurricanes has remained the same, if not decreased a little. The water temp has been knocked down by Frances, Ivan, Charley, Jeanne and Bonnie there's not that much warm water around period. Except for the very eastern Gulf, and the SW Carribbean. Also the storm would most likely have to cross over Cuba to have an hit on Tampa which would most likely weaken it, unless there was some weird upper level air patterns going on. And to top it off, there's a shot of very cool air going to be coming down from Canada, might even bring some coldness to Florida. That would create a relatively weak jet stream but just enough that it would hinder any tropical storms that came to close to the USA. So in conclusion, you should still be watching the tropics but I wouldn't except another storm like Frances or Ivan to be barreling toward a part of Florida again, but you never know!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center