Shalafi
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 27 2004 10:31 PM
Re: Jeanne Inland in the Southeast

Thank you God! I had an absolutely miserable last few days, however the storm wasn't so bad
Lost power 2am Sunday. Prior to power going out we setup the generator, ran the cords, had the ice in the coolers, flashlights in various locations as well as candles and battiers easily accessible. Power went out, we got the generator running and we began the fun. I didn't want my sister to have to get up and lift the heavy gas can and stuff every hour (small generator) so I said I'd do it. I had to fiddle with my dads machines everytime it ran out of gas anyway so why not me?
Once house got too hot we opened the windows and the "breeze" from the cane felt great! I'm a hot (read "boiling") blooded guy so I'm sweating in anything above 75ish. I didn't get to wash my clothes beforehand..blah blah..long story short, little sleep, lots of dealing with my dad (which drives me to drinkin...which I did a bit of as well) and 24/7 sweaty/smelly clothes leads to a VERY not happy me.
Power at my sisters house came on for 30 seconds Sunday afternoon then off....on for another minute a few hours later, then off...finally on for good today at maybe 10 something...
We had power even in Deltona which is a HUGE shocker considering the fierce bands that went over us and we're usually last. I was expecting the worst cane yet, it was in fact the best for us. I could babble on for awhile but I'll spare y'all...
I can't thank you guys enough for being you. Tomorrow I go to work and donate blood, then I think I'll donate to the Red Cross...I've been getting impressed to do so....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center