FreakedInFlorida
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Sep 27 2004 11:03 PM
Reporting from St. Lucie County

Well we made it back in one piece and surprisingly the power was restored 1 day after the storm. It pays I guess to live in a commercial area. We didn't get any damage to our house. In fact, nothing really looked changed at all, except a couple small branches from the same tree that dropped several large ones during Frances. We did decide to ride this out in a shelter though, because at Cat 3 or a possible 4 that they were reporting Saturday morning was enough to convince us to go. Luckily it seems it was a Cat 3 and even though we got the eye, didn't hit us as hard as it could have. The beach though from what the news is saying is a mess, many damaged homes, beyond just roof repair. North Hutchinson Island is still not letting residents on the island because of many downed concrete power poles that just smashed in half and are laying across A1A. Damage on the mainland seem to be less intense, and seemed to hit places that were already damaged from Frances. There did seem to be a lot more flooding this time. 2 blocks down from us, the flood waters were at 1-2 feet. Fortunately we are a bit west of the flood zone, so our yard had a couple puddles, but nothing like that.

Anyway, that's about all there is to say. Again I thank you for this forum. Helped a lot in determining the storm and to keep my thoughts on other things. The only thing was I wish I had it in the shelter. The news media really blows this stuff up.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center