dolphinscry
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 28 2004 12:43 AM
Re: Who is still unaccounted for?

...And although I am also nowhere near a regular poster, I have certainly been a regular reader here, and would never had been as prepared if I werent!
So, I am gonna check in anyway,
I posted under dolphinscry2 (was it Sun.am?) anyway, should have kept my big mouth shut, cuz no sooner did I submit my post than *POP*!!!
Electric went out.
I was in Leesburg, and Jeanne was definatley worse in that area than Frances was.
So many more oaks came down, 2 on the neighbors house, who is disabled, so we took turns running over food, and checking for leaks.
The street was completley blocked by oaks, no way out, untill people braved the danger and started cutting some branches out of the way
(crazy, really)
It took 6 days after Frances to get power back over there...and this time the poles snapped, so who knows?...
I was lucky once again in Sumter co., alot of tree damage around, and some structure damage to local farms.
I am surrounded by a farm on 3 sides, and so there isnt much debris to fly our way.
Our power is on now too)
Hats off to all the crews who stayed through Jeanne (who were here already cuz of Frances) because they are still out there right now.
God Bless to all
Lori
Oxford, Fl

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center