Mozart
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Sep 28 2004 01:59 AM
Update from the Upstate

3.5 inches of rain in my backyard in the last 3 hours. About 4.5 total. We're in a little gap in the storm now so I just let the dogs outside. The pond in my backyard has spilled over its bank. First time I've ever seen that done, although it may have happened with Ivan a few weeks ago. I couldn't get outside to check until after it had time to drain. My house is at least 6 feet above the water level, and the spillway sounds like it's running water away at full speed, so we don't anticipate any problems.

Problems are already starting up in the mountains from what I understand. French Broad River is already at flood stage, and they're still getting dumped on. That area is just north of the state line where SC/NC/GA all meet for anyone interested. The Saluda River has a flood stage of 9 feet, and it's expected to crease at 10 feet tomorrow morning. It's still pretty low at 4.5 feet as of 8 PM. If they're expecting that, I can't imagine how high the French Broad will end up. Keep those folks in mind as that area is very prone to not just flooding, but flash flooding.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center