Clark
(Meteorologist)
Tue Sep 28 2004 12:48 AM
Re: Who is still unaccounted for?

Just to show you what these storms can do well away from the main landfall point...

I lost power for 26 hours here in Tallahassee.

We didn't have *that* much going on here, but it was still more than any of the other storms. Not much rain, mostly a bit of wind resulting in power outages, branches down, and the whole nine yards.

And FSU made the decision to open today. This morning was bad -- intersections out, people without power, debris in the roads, and a wind-driven rain. They could've opened in the afternoon and been just fine...but they're stubborn. A nice wait in the midst of it all for football tickets this morning, but alas -- what can you do?

With the power outage and Jeanne canceling a concert in Jacksonville I was to attend, which summarily messed up my entire weekend...this storm is going down on my crap list.

But, congrats are in order to JK & co. on the new youngun'.

And now....time for some rest.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center