GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 28 2004 01:33 AM
Re: Who is still unaccounted for?

Hi Guys just checking in. I came on line when I got home from work just to see who was around and what was going on, but was too tired to talk. We got hit pretty bad here in Polk County again, Lakeland specifically lost a lot of power. We were lucky at my house to be near a school and we have had power and cable restored early on. Our neighborhood was probably hit by a tornado in that the swath of damage appeared to have a tornado signature about it, We personally lost a lot of roof shingles, a major sized tree limb came down out of a fairly young tree. It fortunately did not hit anything except the ground. I spent 12 solid hours at work today and merely had time to call the insurance agency regarding the roof and will have to call them back this morning because the computer was backed up on taking claims reports. I have not heard anything from Colleen but they may either still be without power or internet service, or she may be just hurricaned out,. It is very stressful around here. Yesterday was difficult getting around town because of stop lights being out and everyone was stressed and angry and hungry with a lot of restaurants taking hits. I saw those maps and they are wild showing those hurricane paths., I wonder if anyone here can predict what our winter is going to be like in Florida? Is there any speculations as to how cold or warm, wet or dry this winter will be due to the hurricane activity?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center