Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 28 2004 03:02 AM
My tropical cyclone Report!

Hurricane Frances just as it was going to make landfall...
ftp://ftp.aoml.noaa.gov/pub/hrd/hwind/2004/al06.2004/0905/0130/col08deg.png
This shows that the max winds around hurricane Frances. Where right around the eyewall of the tropical cyclone. A area of 80 knot winds covered the better part of the eastern quad... With a max winds of 90 knots...The winds on the beach where around 70 knots at this time...Frances at landfall as below cat3 with winds of around 105 mph to 110 mph...Pressure 951 millibars...I'm going to say that by this data that Frances was a 90 to 95 knot tropical cyclone...

Hurricane Charley...A small cyclone with hurricane force winds. Outwards maybe 25 miles or less...On this chart shows that the max winds of Charley where 123 knots=125 knots...Charley was around 145 mph winds(Which was the offical Advisory)...This hurricane also had a extreamly tight pressure grad. With a eye of only 6 miles wide at one point...This hurricane was more packed, in with a tighter eye then hurricane Andrew(1992) or Iris(2001)...One hurricane to note is cyclone tracy, which was a very small tropical cyclone...Smaller then Charley...One fact about cyclones this small is that when Andrew hit Dade, county in 1992...The city of Miami, just 40 or so miles to the north was like Tampa, with Charley...That is pretty Amazing...Charley had a pressure of 941 millibars...While hurricane Andrew had 921 millibars...So I'm going to say for this cyclone that 145 mphs with upwards to 160 gust...
ftp://ftp.aoml.noaa.gov/pub/hrd/hwind/2004/al03.2004/0813/1930/col08deg.png

Hurricane Ivan...This tropical cyclone was once one of the six most powerful cyclone to ever form any where around the Atlatnic basin...It had pressures as low as 910 milibars...As for landfall in the United states for Ivan...The tropical cyclone was moving around 10 to 14 mph through the Northern Gulf of Mexico...Which had "Tcp" levels that where very low because of Frances,Bonnie,Charley...My thinking is that when the tropical cyclone hit the eddy(Very warm deep fuel!) it got its act together very fast. That eddy had much deeper layer of warm water(Hurricane Gas!)...But once it hit the cool waters of the northern Gulf of Mexico, the hurricane got its feet kicked from under it...Remember that the northern Gulf of Mexico is still around 78 to 82 degrees. But when a slow moving tropical cyclone hits this there is no depth of the warm water. Which causes upwelling. If it was not for the other hurricanes Ivan "might" of made it to the coast as a upper end cat4? Of course this is all histroy now...A report of gust of 133 mph was found around a airforce base...Which is the strongest gust so far reported...The tropical cyclone lost its western eyewall as it was nearing the coast...So most of the winds where on the eastern quad...The surge was mostly caused from the hurricane being a cat5 for days...I'm going to say that this hurricane was around 105 knots...
ftp://ftp.aoml.noaa.gov/pub/hrd/hwind/2004/al09.2004/0916/0730/col04deg.png

This report is unoffical!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center