tpratch
(Moderator)
Tue Sep 28 2004 08:54 AM
Re: Who is still unaccounted for?

*breathes deeply*

I'm back mostly. My wife and I gave the kids lots of benedryl (well, the 8 year-old and the 5 year-old) so they slept through the worst. Our 8 month-old slept well with my wife while I stood vigil. Since Frances had taken down our two tall trees, our basketball hoop and damaged one of my cars, I didn't think there was much left for Jeanne to do.

Fortunately, I was mostly right. The tarp on the car held and so even damaged, it stayed water-tight. Our other vehicles were fine as well. Our fence took a beating and water leaked in through our sliding glass door, but other than that, we're perfectly okay.

Hell, Frances had us without power for 12 days - Jeanne? only 40 hours. No cable (so I'm posting this from work) but all things being equal, in spite of the large amount of damage throughout Brevard county, my house again proved its mettle. Most surprising is the fact that again, we didn't lose even a single shingle (say that 5 times fast for maximum effect).

I'll only be lurking 8-4 until my cable is restored at home, but all is well.

I had some changes for the HD drinking game but at this point, I'm hoping that I can save those for the 2005 season. I realize this is a completely bizzare season unseen since 1886, but I swear, one more major storm hitting Florida this season might just have me considering relocating.

I just don't want to go through this again. I'm tired, and drained both physically and emotionally.

Hope those who haven't checked in are simply without power.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center