Shalafi
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 28 2004 04:27 PM
Re: Jeanne Inland in the Southeast

I searched too with the same results..I hope one of us gets an answer..

He clearly was looking at each site as a source for hurricane info only. However he said that CFHC just listed info from other sites. To me that means CFHC is a more concise and concentrated source for pertinant info. But that also shows me he didn't read anything posted. If he had he would have seen people that understand the weather and climatology explaining info to all of us who do not. He would have seen some of our members forecasting better than the NHC, he would have seen members needing info not readily available on the site and other members finding that info for them.
It stinks that he missed out on what CRHC really is, a community and if you wanna REALLY get touchy-feely, a family. With more info that you get on the news (especially if you follow the VIPIRcast system...yikes) and more personal care. He missed it, that's his problem.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center