Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 28 2004 04:49 PM
Re: Jeanne Inland in the Southeast

Quote:

Quote:

[It's interesting that Roger Bull completely missed out on what really addicts us to this website: the online community fostered by the excellently moderated and well organized discussion board.

You have absolutely nailed it. I have lived throught these hurricanes with you guys (albeit as a lurker) and there is a genuine community feeling here. It's nice in a touchy-feely kind of way.

I totally agree with this statement. This website is about information and has loads of it. However, though I wouldn't know a single one of you if you walked into my office, I have found myself praying specifically for some of you during these past weeks and for all of you at other times. This from my safe haven of Southern Kentucky. Messageboards can bring about a strange but neat kinship for one another. The social aspect or value of a website can't be ignored.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center