Katie
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 29 2004 01:11 PM
Re: Jeanne Inland in the Southeast

Quote:

BARTOW: I just got home from Special Needs Shelter duty, been othere since 4pm yesterday. Went in between bands on the back side of the storm. Lots of trees have thrown themselves out of the ground - wires down, no electricity in most of the town, dawn to dusk curfew. I hear chainsaws in the distance and hear big trucks moving. Signs of recovery. But no ice or comfort stations yet.

Darn - my freezer is thawed . . .AGAIN!

Kathy - I am in Bartow too. I actually got held up in Chicago for two extra days since flights were cancelled on Sunday. What a mess I came home to. Still without power and I had heard that the City Manager guaranteed power to all city limits by no later than Tuesday, well, it is now Wed and I still don't have power - so what is the deal??

I hope everyone made it through Jeanne okay. I hated being out of town during the storm as my mom said it was just awesome and nothing she has ever seen before. Naturally, my video camera was with me instead of capturing her fury.

Katie

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center