Katie
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 29 2004 11:32 AM
Re: Jeanne Inland in the Southeast

Red - I was happy to be out of town because of my daughter - it is almost impossible to keep a one year old away from windows because she is very curious. Keeping her busy in a bathroom - isn't much fun - so for the fact that I had A/C and activities for her up there - I was happy, but for the fact that I have video coverage of the last three and pictures, I kinda missed the boat on this one. I am however greatful that my friends and family were safe and that it sounds like we sure were lucky in that our death toll was NOTHING like Haiti. My heart breaks for those families.

I keep a scrapbook for Madison and I just ordered a smaller one just for hurricane pictures and newspapers clippings. What are the chances of this ever happening again in her lifetime?? It will be something to pass down.

Red, I am also glad that my email didn't scare you. I know exactly where you are located, very familiar with your location.

My dad's condo in Jensen Beach (the Atlantis) doesn't look too good. I saw a picture in the Miami Herald and sand was pretty high in the parking lot. Looks like I will have to make another trip down there to help him clean up. He was lucky with Frances being on the sixth floor but it sounds like he may have some water damage from this one. Oh well, thank God for insurance.

Any one have any good links to pictures in the Jensen Beach area?? I have had a hard time locating any pictures of that area.

Weird to say this but I don't know any of you and I was totally missing this website all weekend. - WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? Chicago doesn't do very good coverage of hurricanes.

Katie

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center