Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Sat Oct 02 2004 11:31 PM
Re: WoooHooo We have daylight!

Quote:

I am not sure about the weather pattern repeating, but I also would like to hear it from people who know. I've heard that this year was an anomaly. I have heard that we would be in this pattern for the next 2-4 years and OMG that this is the first season in a 20 year pattern. I would really like to know. The weather and storms are fascinating to a point, but right now we are all so exhausted. I don't know what I'd do if this were to become the norm.

Even though I'm not an expert on any of this, I'd have to say, in reality we don't know if this year was truely anomolous or not. While it might be unusual based on recent past, Climatologists simply do not have enough information to say just what is typical, *over the long haul.* As has been pointed out in articles, to most people's surprise, Climate shifts occur over the course of decades, not centuries or longer.

No one knows enough information to declare if the weather patterns that set up this year will occur again next year, or will become more likely to occur. I'm inclined to believe (from nothing more than general information that I've installed in my brain) that patterns will shift and increase the odds of landfalling storms. Not particularly florida, but more generally the US. I think the "Bermuda" High will continue to be a stronger than normal and influence CV hurrricanes and keep them from recurving as much as we've seen previously.

Keep in mind, this is just my gut feeling, Don't buy houses or sell houses based on my thoughts. I"m not an expert nor do I have any clue what I'm talking about

Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center