LI Phil
(User)
Sun Oct 03 2004 08:51 PM
CFHC-You're new source for earthquake discussion...

Well, it was great to be away for a weekend during the 2004 hurricane season and NOT have to read through 400 posts. What a well deserved break for all!

Interesting stuff on the hurricane-earthquake theories...

Got to watch a full day of CFB and now 2 NFL games without ONCE flipping to the TWC! Watching J-E-T-S vs. the So. Beach Denizens right now...CBS just showed a clip of Beatiful Miami Beach...now I know why they call it the Sunshine State...all I know is the five times I've visited, usually for a minimum of 5 days, I only saw one t-storm...in Ft. Laud...2001 (a month after 9/11)... it was the MOTHER of all storms, yes, but it was over as quickly as it started. What happened in 2004 WAS an anomoly...for sure...something that probably would repeat itself once in 150-200 years...of course that COULD be next year, or in 10 years or in 200 years...but over the long haul, probably no one alive now will ever see another landfalling season like this one.

And like Second shift said a few posts above, it's supposed to be 40 degrees here tomorrow night and possibly in the 30's on Tuesday & Wednesday...I hate WINTER!

Anyhoo, everybody try to get back to normal, enjoy Fri. Night Lights, CFB on Sat & the pros on Sunday...

I'm about willing to declare CV season DONE! and let's hope the GOM/Carrib season only whips up a TS or two...

It will, of course, take weeks, months and maybe years to fully recover from the past 2 months, but you guys will recover, and come back stronger than ever! (Group Hug). Still not time to let the guard down, but a collective sigh of relief can finally be breathed.

Finally, you want fire, brimstone, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and a massive expelling of hot air, tune in to the VP debates Tuesday Night. There may be a bonus point question in the E&N forum before then

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center