Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Oct 04 2004 04:33 PM
Re: CFHC-You're new source for earthquake discussion...

Morning all. Sorry I've been away for most of the last month, but the volume was just too insane for me to follow. I guess under the news talkback format, when something is so close to home as the 5 FL landfalls so far this year, it just gets a bit overwhelming to keep up with. I was skimming and browsing, but it seemed like every time I left the site and came back a couple of hours later, there were another 200 posts. Great for the site, bad for me

It looks like the Western Gulf is the next threat. Bastardi is talking potential for heavy rains in coastal TX and LA. He was pretty noncommital but did note a Frances 98 (yikes) or Allison type system where there will be tremendously heavy rains - just on the North and East sides. The real key is the surge of tropical moisture and not necessarily development or lack of it. Most of the precip models are keying in on some strong rains for ETX and WLA. Hey, we've got something to track this week anyway, and i get a shot at some rain. I'm thankful for that. This is also my week to ditch Bastardi until next June, so any future updates are going to have to come from someone else. I'll be re-subscribing next year of course.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center