doug
(Weather Analyst)
Fri Oct 08 2004 04:18 PM
Re: lets wake up

Ok lets wake up on this gulf system...yesterday Scott and I disagreed that the broad llc remained off shore...he argued I was focusing on the midlevel...I still disagree...the visible is what I used yesterday, and today again...the WV shows a midlevel disconncted from the circulation visible on the west side...mostly exposed...it is my opinion then that a low is over water in poor ogrganization...it is not stacked up; may never be stacked up, but then neither was the reformed Ivan which was open on the south and west...All the weather on this is north and east...the winds are higher than expected due to gradient features...it will never(oops should not say that) be hurricane, but should it be classified as tropical?
I think much of the delay is political...think of the implications of a 6th land falling tropical storm in Florida...
Any way I've seen less than this be classified, and it does bear watching for development, and is closer than we think...if as I think a 1007 low is out there it should be.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center