Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 13 2004 08:06 PM
Re: A Change of Season

Just want to jump in here and make probably the last post regarding to tropical weather for the rest of the season, if Matt was our last tropical assualt. Anyway, shear is on the increase throughout the entire atlantic basin, except for the Caribbean sea, but that still has some wind shear. By now wind shear becomes a very strong limiting factor. The water temps are decreasing and winter seems to be on it's jolly way here; really, it just called me on it's cellphone! Probably see another sub-tropical depression at most, maybe not but even if it did form it wouldn't be a threat to the U.S. Pacific is still on and with that supertyphoon recurving for Japan makes me wonder if we could yet again see another teleconnection with a storm off the east coast, the models seem to be picking up on it. Other than that, I think everything is just fine and dandy in the tropics. Hopefully this will be my last post regarding tropics for your sake and mine.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center