Ricreig
(User)
Thu Nov 04 2004 10:04 PM
Re: a lot of color down there suddenly

Quote:

Much cooler air forecast for the latter part of this week Should bring the '04 season to an abrupt halt. I think everyone will be glad to see it pass.

I think (thankfully) that it already has.

BTW, you nut, thanks for tracking down this old fuddy-duddy and ensuring I am still alive. I, like many others in the Orlando, Florida area, was pretty burnt out on hurricane and other tropical weather, and when the season suddenly shut down, it was so blessedly quiet that I took the opportunity to chill-out from weather related activities and heal some internal emotional wounds induced by this hell of a season just past. When one evacuates their home 4 times in one season, in just a tad over a month, and each time, not knowing if there will be anything left to come back to, it kinda gets to you in the head a bit. Couple that with the fact that I am teaching a couple of new (to me) courses at High-Tech, I just divorced myself from everything not immediately concerned with restoring some sense of normalcy.

Your call to my boss in your quest to locate me and check on my well-being, reminded me that I made a lot of friends here in this forum, not only in the past, but especially this year. You and I, having 'met' during/after Camille were reaquainted. I was wrong to simply abandon this forum and my friends here even though at the time, I became totally immersed in 'reestablishing normalcy'. Normalcy, for me, jincludes contact with friends, both here in this forum and in person where possible.

So Danny, forgive me for causing you concern, thank you for caring and to the rest of you don't forget your obligations to your friends as I did. Friends are the reason we exist when it comes down to it. Otherwise, we are just other creatures inhabiting this spaceship, Earth. It is our friends that make it a life.

Keep in touch
Richard

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center