danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sat Nov 06 2004 01:32 AM
Re: Some thoughts...

Gee! The weather turns cold, I take a few nights off and look what happens.
Ricreig and Phil thanks for the kind words. I can thank Mike and John for the opportunity, as they, and others started the site.
I enjoy trying to keep everyone updated. Folks in the target areas may not realize how much information they are feeding back into the board. Some of your posts were the exact reason that people 'Decided to Evacuate' this season.
To Mike and John-the systems are great.
Meteorologists-Great bunch. They can give the info to you at a Scientific level and/ or break it down for the rest of us.
The Mods-Ricreig put it nicely. "You Phil, sane or not". Well Phil and I have shared many thoughts, notes and jokes. I 'think' he's sane!
To everyone that posts, reads or 'lurks' here. I hope that things are returning to some state of Normal for each of you.
Hurricane season has 24 days to go at this point. Check in often. Forum-"Newest" usually has the most current topic displayed. Everything and nothing can be quite interesting reading.
Keith234- I need to know your sources of information. So I can study! You can PM me. You and Phil are in charge of the Long Island Branch of CFHC!

BTW- Its not easy trying to update others during the Elections. Very rapid data speed.
If you think Weather Models are unpredicatable watch 4 networks at the same time. Different Electoral and Popular Vote totals!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center