Ricreig
(User)
Sun Nov 07 2004 06:39 AM
Re: Past Novembers...

Quote:

James,

I'm sure you didn't offend...in fact, I'd venture to say Richard's post was a tad tongue-in-cheek. Point being that late season hurricanes rarely make US landfall.

After THIS season, even the most ardent hurricane "fans" would probably be grateful for nothing more to track until 2005. And that includes me!

Yup, that about sums it up....I can't remember a full-fledged hurricane landing in the US this late....probably has, but nothing comes to mind, certainly not recent history. I wouldn't mind an 'academic exercise', but I suspect few would like to actually have to deal with a storm again this year.

James, you'd have to work much harder than this to offend this old Curmudgeon. I *did* put a smiley in my reply to you, but it's easy to miss I'm sure. You had interesting stats and it *would* be interesting to see if any of those late season storms actually made a US landfall. ... and what the odds would be of it happening *this* year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center