Ricreig
(User)
Wed Dec 01 2004 04:01 AM
Re: NHC is aware!

Quote:

This is a copy of an ADMIN post by ED.-danielw

""Just FYI 10/30/04 10:43 PM
Last Wednesday we had our local AMS luncheon and one of the forecasters from the Melbourne NWS office gave a presentation on the 3 hurricanes that influenced central Florida this year. The slide show started off with two of Skeetobite's map images....

Dan, Thanks for the reprint, I did miss that post and I am glad to hear that at least in the MLB area, we (this site) are thought highly of and that Skeeter's efforts gained the recognition they deserve. I am dead serious about the value of his depiction of the official forecasts. I *know* they caused a number of my neighbors to reconsider staying in their trailers as Charlie and Frances approached. They had NO IDEA from either TV or the NHC or newspapers just how big these storms were, how powerful and how far away from the 'line' they had to be to be reasonably safe from the worst of the damage. One of them did NOT have a trailer to come home to after Charlie. I credit Skeetobite directly with saving at least one life or limb and if that was all he ever accompolished, he would have still done his 'duty' above and beyond.... If the NHC can be convinced to pack as much info into their graphics as Skeeter does, and if our comments in any way result in a positive change in this area, then I feel the savings of life and limb would be multiplied many times over what my personal, local crusade fortified by Skeeters maps, ever could accompolish. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, THIS board, and the people on/in it are the best and save lives and property every year. Not too many web sites can say that!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center