LI Phil
(User)
Wed Dec 01 2004 04:20 AM
Re: NHC is aware!

Trust me, NHC, Accuwx, et. al. have trolls on all these sites, including pissant sites like HCW...I'm quite convinced that, while Joe B. gets a tad upset when, ahem, some members post his thoughts, proper credit is ALWAYS given...hell, that drives traffic to their site (shout out to JB! You rock!!)

It would not at all surprise me if Mr. Jonathon Grant, aka Skeetobite, gets a bunch of well deserved business, whether it be from any of our members, or even the NHC (or heaven forbid, accuwx). We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to Skeet for his very valued maps...

Didja really think 2004 would go out with a whimper??? I mean, after the Season From Hell [tm ME], why not send this one into the record books with a named storm on the official last day of the season...after giving us all a much needed respite from mid-October till now.

To everyone who posted this season, my heart goes out to all y'all, and if we never ever approach a season like this, I for one will be most grateful.

I urge everyone to post their "real" e-mail address in their profiles, so we can keep up during the next seven months!!!

And don't forget to check back here...this may be a hurricane site, but it is also a weather site, and the weather doesn't have an off-season.

Too all who supported me during one of my darkest hours, extra shouts to you all. To John, Mike & Ed, for having faith in me to moderate, I thank you. To my co-mods, Danny, Coop & HanKFranK, you guys "completed" the CFHC!

To our mets and might as well be mets (shout out to Scottsvb especially), and to those with whom we had a "special connection" this season, peace & cheers.

I even think one of our favorite posters from a certain city in Alabama will be "careful what one wishes for." We sure learned that in spades this year!!!

To all the new members, welcome aboard. Never be afraid to post or ask what you consider to be a stupid question...there are no such things...this is where we all learn TOGETHER!

I can't name all the names of course, but all the regulars, Steve, Bobbi, Frank P., Colleen, Scottsvb, Luis, Rich B, Richieweather, Kevin, Ricreig, JK, Tom, 52255225, (god I'm gonna forget too many here), Droop, Flcane, clydew, revup, richiesurfs, Mr. Spock, Clark, rule, "Guppie" and all her incarnations, BillD, Flarebel, recmod...I'm forgetting more than I should, but I'm tired...If I didn't give ya a shout, it's not for lack of trying...even you Rabbit!!! And some of our younger members, who I hope someday become mets...Keith234, Spike & James88!!! Cheers.

Every one stay safe, don't leave the boards permanently, and do drop in occasionally during the off season...

T Minus 0:52 on the Season From Hell!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center