Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Dec 01 2004 04:26 AM
Re: New Graphics

Actually, no, we didn't really undo each other -- I essentially expounded upon my comments earlier in the thread, including a bit about the maps from Skeetobite. I think that they could be a very useful tool within the 24hr (prior to landfall) time frame, where track errors are generally not as large, to give people not near the center an idea of what sort of winds they can expect. So no, it's not an "undo"ing at all!

There are some pretty cool people in the government, whether at the NHC, at a university, or working for some aspect of the NWS -- you might be surprised at who potentially comes around these parts.....

And just another 37 minutes left in the season -- feels like a New Year's countdown, just a month early! I second Phil's notion of keeping in touch -- I'll be around from time to time. Maybe we'll get another S. Atlantic storm, just for tracking's sake, or something unexpected elsewhere. Can't recall a Southeast Pacific storm, for one...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center