Ricreig
(User)
Wed Dec 01 2004 11:37 AM
Re: New Graphics

Quote:

I will send NHC a comment. But I don't know what I'll say exactly at this point.
I'm adamant about them changing their storm headings. The averaging that the computer does puts people in danger without reason. A computer can't rationalize danger. But the program can be changed to Flag course changes. Shouldn't be that hard. Take out the averaging formula and show the current heading, with a small window for changes.

Danny,
Perhaps you recognize a piece of your PM to me. Let me just say this: Just say what you just said to me and add *why* you feel that way. Even if they don't change the graphics themselves, perhaps they will reevaluate their proceedure because of your comment AND explanation.

BTW, thanks for the kudos in your post.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center