Ricreig
(User)
Wed Dec 01 2004 11:42 PM
Re: Skeetobite Map Project

Quote:

The following post came from Skeeter in the previous thread. I wanted to repost it here to give him an extra special holiday shout.

Phil, thanks for reposting this. I saw it at the end of the other thread and hoped it would end up in the 'current pile'.

Skeeter, one question surfaces: What, if any, response did the NHC give you regarding your offer to talk to them about their graphics and your involvement, if any? I hope it was positive, and we'll all be interested in the outcome from such talks.

You certainly have the majority of the members of *this* board on your support wagon and I think that all who know you, or of you, offer their thanks for your efforts during this past season. I pray that you can continue to provide the service next year, OR/AND that you can induce the NHC to adopt some of your services (hopefully for compensation) in their official forecast graphics.

Phil, given that many of the 'regulars' are not online now the end of the season has past, what do you think of an E-Mail to those that posted their stats in the profiles, that suggest they visit the NHC and offer their suggestions and comments on their graphics proposals? I'd help if you guys think it would be appropriate and useful.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center