SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Fri Dec 17 2004 11:52 PM
Map update

Just a short note to advise that I have not heard backfrom NHC or NOAA. After looking closely at the three proposals for improved maps, I feel the new maps convey no more useful information to the layperson than the current version. the NHC maps appear to be directed at weather professionals who understand the "cone of uncertainty", etc.

I can report that the NOAA server has been generating a large number of sessions at Skeetobite.com over the past 3 to 4 weeks.

After the holidays I will post a few beta Skeetobite maps for your review and feedback. Also, watch for a wicked cool new interface for the site.

JG

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center