Ricreig
(User)
Sat Dec 18 2004 02:28 PM
Re: Map update

Quote:

Just a short note to advise that I have not heard backfrom NHC or NOAA. After looking closely at the three proposals for improved maps, I feel the new maps convey no more useful information to the layperson than the current version. the NHC maps appear to be directed at weather professionals who understand the "cone of uncertainty", etc.

My faith in govenrmental inertia and ineptitude is apparantly being justified once again by their combination of providing no real improvements and apparant lack of interest in your talants. I, for one, remain estatic that you have joined us here at CFHC and especially happy that you will be with us again next season. I hope the newspapers and TV stations you referred to in an earlier post will pick up your maps and USE them. It would be nice if the NHC would realize that lives are saved by providing MORE information to the public, not less and incorporate your maps into their offerings to the public, especially in the critical 24-48 hours prior to landfall when the detail your maps offer can illustrate to and convince people that a *line* 30-40 miles away from them does NOT mean they won't be affected by the storm. Keep up the good work and We'll anxiously await our belated Christmas present from Skeeterbite Hmmmm, I wonder, is Skeeterbite going to track Santa on his annual visit to the roofs of good little boys and girls?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center