HanKFranK
(User)
Mon Dec 20 2004 01:32 PM
Re: Map update

as far as the map options go, i'm satisfied with the existing stuff.. for what it is, it serves it's purpose. it's a decent source for track and movement probability along with all of the usual global model output. option 2 removes the forecast path line (what good does that do).. the third option looks neat with a regular track, but with a meandering forecast track becomes confusing. they ought to just use a cone of probability with time advancement lines for possible movement, and a model of the predicted path with the wind swath overlaid... skeetobite fashion stuff.
fun stuff for weather aficionados, useful information for the informed, but of course a new tool to generate hype in the hands of the ratings-hungry press.
anywho.. globals have a complex deep layer low spinning up in the central atlantic late in the week. it gets a lazy eye for now.
as far as snow potential.. there may be some up here. globals in the last couple of days had been trending the weather offshore, but the pattern is starting to look less progressive again, with the first storm a warm rainy one for mid week, with the arctic cold advection behind it and a second system developing in the western gulf early on the 24th. still low confidence what goes down.. euro and gfs haven't agreed on it's evolution yet. official nws forecast still has it dry here as well... and cold. they aren't taking the bait just yet. nor am i. accuweather has a 1-3 inch snow band over me at least.
HF 1720z20december

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center