Lysis
(User)
Tue Feb 01 2005 02:26 AM
Re: Just a Note

While I completly agree with the above statment, I think that when you look at hurricanes as I do --as a natural process of the earth --things become a bit easier to live with. While I can name several hundred people right now who never want to hear the word 'hurricane' again, ultimatly, this is somthing that comes with life in Florida. Every mile of Florida has seen the eye of some hurricane. I am not the type of person who gets dissapointed if I dont hit by a cyclone in any given season (one or two waterspouts will do me in just fine), however if one is comming, I accept its reality and anticipate the worst. My family has hurricane partys with the passage of every storm to grace us, and we celibrate the end of the season. It is stressfull, but it somthing that every Floridian lives with. In the end, I believe that no one should pray for a major hurricane (which is essentially praying for the deaths that will inevitably occur), yet when one does threaten, simply accept the fact that hurricanes can and will make landfall in your area, and, if you can, try and enjoy the excitment of the moment. Dont think that it is unfair, or unjust, or that you did anything wrong to deserve it. Florida bears the brunt of earths air-conditioning system, and we need to find some way to live with this --or move. I have had several friends move this season, and they have every right to. Actually, if we get hit like we did last year, and the real estate market colapses, I may have to move myself. Given my love of weather though, I will proabably be the last to go.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center