Lysis
(User)
Tue Feb 01 2005 05:38 PM
Re: Just a Note

hmmm...I diddnt know that infamouse party was debunked. But I see what you mean about party. Let me clarify: we celibrate the passage of the season.
But if you want to "brag" about how great that experience was and sort of hope to go thru it again, then you can take those sentiments to another board.

Is this how I came off? Looking back I suppose that I have been more than a little proud of my experiences. I remember a quote from Issac's Storm in which the author talks about how, with time, the waves get bigger and the winds faster with each story. I think invariably, everyone thinks that they are invincible until they meet death in the face. Pride comes before the fall I guess. I must admit that any and all feelings of excitment that procede a hurricane are quickly vanquished once things really get started. Bottom line is, if you are told to evaquate, heed the warning --it will save your life. My greatest fear is that of storm surge. In Charley, I was scared to the point of throwing up. To be honost, I did not want it to last. It is not fun, and I wonder myself what continues to fuel my facination. Hurricanes are the most terrible disasters on the face of the planet, and I should have conveyed these feelings in my pictorial. My purpose here is to help educate those in need. I dont want others to have to experience what I, and so many other familes have in the past.
http://photos2.flickr.com/3656070_23476cf880.jpg

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center