recmod
(Weather Guru)
Thu Feb 10 2005 06:23 PM
Hurricane Season 2004 Scrapbook of Headlines

Hi Everyone,

I have been working recently on my Hurricane Season 2004 website. For those not familiar, I live in Central Florida and suffered through 3 of the 4 hurricanes that struck Florida last year, with quite extensive damage to my property and surrounding neighborhoods. I spent a lot of time during August and September filming the resulting storm impact to my local area. I got the idea to present the results in an un-official website for those interested to experience on a small scale the events that we endured last season.

Heres the url to the site:
Hurricane Season 2004

Living here in the Orlando area, needless to say, the hurricanes dominated the newspaper headlines. In addition to the website, I have been putting together a scrapbook of articles from the Orlando Sentinel covering last year's hurricanes. I have now begun to scan the scrapbook and incorporate it into the hurricane website.
I invite everyone to check out the work in progress. As of right now, I have completed 30 pages of the scrapbook, with much more to come.

Here's the link to the scrapbook portion of the site:
Hurricane Season 2004 Scrapbook

I'd love to hear comments and any suggestions regarding any aspect of the site. Hopefully, the 2005 season will not come close to repeating history..but some of the early indicators point to a season with above normal activity. Just this week, a statement by Stacy Stewart of the NHC reported that the early weather patterns are shaping up very similar to 2004. He stated that, while 4 hurricanes are not expected again in Florida, it should be expected that possibly 2 intense storms may strike the state this year.
Sigh,........I am still sitting here fighting with insurance over the damage. I'll still not have my repairs completed before tropical threats begin anew......

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center