Ricreig
(User)
Tue Feb 15 2005 05:45 PM
Re: Hurricane Charley 6 Months Later Website Photos

Quote:

All in all, this has been a trying and stressful year, working through multiple damage / insurance claims. If 2005 comes anything close to last year, I think many will throw- in-the-towel and move out of Florida.

Lou, I hope it doesn't come to that. I was born here in Orlando, in what was then called 'Orlando General Hospital'. It is now know as Orange Regional Medical Center. Since then, like the hospital, there has been much growth and many changes. Many of the changes, like the remains of TSFH (tm) (the season from hell) are not good, but what remains is well worth fighting for. We've survived Disney, Universal, Sea World and beach erosion. Charlie and his relatives damaged us all, severely. Both physically and mentall. Unfortunately, storms like Charlie are a fact of life, as is growth. The good and the bad are a fact of almost any human or natural activity. We must take advantage of the good and minimize the bad when we can. We can, and must adapt to changes, including ones like Charlie. The best thing I have seen as a result of TSFH is few people now laugh and joke about storms, they now take them seriously. A result of this is increased awareness of such storms and not a few have tried to educate themselves on the subject. The end result of this will save many more lives than were lost. Those that died or suffered injury or loss did not do so in vain because many more will be spared because they will take heed next time and react in time.

Don't leave us even if we do get more storms. Make what is left behind even better than before. I'll try and do my part. Your being here in this forum suggests you are and will continue to do yours. Your site and the work you invest in it go a long way to further the education of those still not convinced or who are new and inexperienced. Keep it going!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center