Lysis
(User)
Fri May 13 2005 11:08 PM
Re: 91L invest up for Caribbean

I know Ed and Clark just said something on par with this... but I would like to remind everyone of the 1992 season. Classic example of the "all it takes is one" scenario: One TD, Six named storms, of which only four become hurricanes, with only one major hurricane. Yet out of this we have the costliest natural disaster in United States history, and only one of the hurricanes made landfall. You all know its name. Every time I look at this picture I literally get goose bumps on my neck:

http://www.srh.weather.gov/srh/jetstream/tropics/images/andrew.jpg

I’m not really sure what this has to do with anything… but please stop with the landfall statistics mongering, and remember that all it takes is one. I find that I cannot reiterate this enough.

Note that stating landfall statistics (past events) is not mongering - it is simply stating what happened.

... Noted.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center