Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed May 18 2005 03:53 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Adrian

Very interesting scenario playing out with TS Adrian. I thought my eyes were going googly when I saw it heading EAST and not WEST. Didn't I just get off this train 5 minutes ago? Who bought me a return ticket?

I'm not making any predictions with Adrian because I personally think she has a lot of obstacles to get through before Florida would even become a focus in this unusual event. If she makes it across the mountains and into the Yucatan Peninisula, I can tell you that then it will become interesting. Having just returned from a 8 day vacation in Cancun in April, the water there is like bath water and I'm sure it's even warmer now.

I'm not sure who asked about the adivisories coming out every 3 hours, but since they have now put up watches along the coastlines the answer is "yes". Hope that helps!

As for the media not picking it up, they're all too involved with Wacko Jacko, the "nuclear" showdown in Washington, and the Newsweak story. Weather? What weather?

I will say this: after last year's hurricane season, I will not be surprised by anything that happens this year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center